Sunday, April 26, 2015

New Book

So I've gotten a new book, Touching Spirit Bear. So far I've gotta say I actually like the book, it has a simple concept but I like that about it. It revolves around a Native American form of justice; circle justice. I like it as well because the main boy in the book is very tempered and has literally beaten another persons head in for the fourth or fifth time. He's faced with a decision, either he goes to be tried as an adult and sentenced to 25 years in jail or go through circle justice.
Basically it's a tradition of justice where someone is set on an island to thrive and survive for a year alone, as to try and heal and rejuvenate the perpetrator's soul. Now he thinks he'll be able to just swim off the island to a nearby town of northern Alaska. As overconfident as he is he just wants to add insult to injury and burn two weeks worth of supplies. If I was ever in his place I would literally worship the supplies, seriously though what did he expect to gain from that. He is literally losing thinking he'll gain from that. To me that's just plain illogical whether he has temper problems or not. I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment